1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Diesel is crowing!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buster, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

It's about time! I think he has been for a week now but it's been hard to tell because of all the other cockerels running around here. He sounds like a muted foghorn and you can tell he is still practicing. He still gets bigger every time I turn around. My neighbor saw him yesterday and was blown away by his size. I may have to lock my coop now. [​IMG]

2. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

HEY! Glad you found that out I know you were wondering if he was crowing. [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] YOu need to get a little VIdeo of him being all MANLY! [​IMG]

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:You know, I have a SS roo in the pen next to his. I work really hard to keep them apart and it will be even more important as they get older. They both enjoy being MANLY and strutting their stuff.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I am REALLY hoping not to end up with two roo's - that speckled sussex baby (gosh I need to take HER picture) looks very suspect! [​IMG]

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:UH OH! Hope she's not anything like HER daddy! [​IMG]

7. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Here's a video of my Sued-ett crowing, he's only 8 months and weighs around 12 lbs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Congrats! [​IMG]

9. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:Here's a video of my Sued-ett crowing, he's only 8 months and weighs around 12 lbs. [​IMG]

Polish, that's the funniest thing I ever heard. Certainly a Werewolf.

Buster, I am going to have a glass of wine and celebrate Diesel's crowing

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My grandchick has become a man! Aw, those Suedelette boys have unique voices. Try having one crow right next to your ear-OUCH! Suede does it all the time to me, LOL. BTW, Jared, good luck on your job possibility. Its great to be out of debt, trust me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by