dif feed!!!

Chicken Girl

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Ok i got new feed a couple of days ago and the egg laying went way down to like 2 a day!!! I asked a related Q in the chicken behavour and egg laying. And they said it was the change of weather. But i for got to add that i changed the food. Can that effect the egg laying?? I add oyster shell and corn to every food i get. thay are all acting fine all are healthy. thanks for the help.

Eggs develop from surplus nutrients - nutrients not needed for the hen's own maintenance.

If she is "thrown off" her feed for whatever reason and doesn't have extra nutrients for egg production, she won't lay.

Steve

So do you think thats the problem?
hmm.png
And if i get new feed tomorrow how long will this "throw off" last? I went from 8 or 9 eggs a day to 0
somad.gif
. thanks much for the help.
smile.png

I know types of feed make a difference in egg quailty. I went from Layena to Atwoods feed and omg... what a difference... in yolk, shell quality everything. When I went back to Layena it took about 3 days and the eggies were back to normal... no more Atwoods for me!

ok so you think it will not take long for them to go back to normal?!?!
celebrate.gif
i have people wating on me and my cool chicks:D. And i love eggs my self and all the people in my fam!! lol thanxs!!

I would be most concerned about getting their feed consumption back up to a normal level. But, it also takes healthful food so not just their favorite "treats."

Hot water on feed makes them think that they have something special and they may eat more of it . . . but, yeah, I'd put them back on what they liked and were productive on.

Here's wishing you the best of luck.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom