1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Difference between BO and GLW

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pkforever, Sep 9, 2010.

1. pkforever

pkforever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Is there a difference between Buff Orpington eggs and Golden Laced Wyandotte eggs? I'm curious because my BO has been laying for like 2 weeks now and my GLW should start laying any day now.

2. pkforever

Mar 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Anyone?

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:I'm going to be a smart aleck and say that BO eggs hatch into BOs and GLW eggs hatch into GLWs... But I won't do that.

There's no difference, just the pullet's individual body clock about when they're mature enough to ovulate and lay.

4. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

I do not have GLW but do have SLW...it is hard for me to tell the difference between the SLW and BO eggs...they both have just begun to lay so they are quite small and just about the same color.

Good Luck! [​IMG]

5. pkforever

Mar 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Thank you! I guess when there is two eggs in one day I will have to take a wild guess who's egg is which! I want to save the first egg of each chicken! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by