difference between hovabator and lg

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by eggdd, Jul 24, 2011.

1. eggdd

eggdd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    what is the difference between the hovabator and the lg incubator? they look the same.

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  3. eggdd

eggdd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Quote:which equals more changes in the temp? or incorrect temps?

i have another question: does the hovabator have the same annoying temp control dial as the lg?

4. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    LG isnt too bad, I have used it for my quail eggs, but I do hear the hova is better.

5. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:...............................

6. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:which equals more changes in the temp? or incorrect temps?

i have another question: does the hovabator have the same annoying temp control dial as the lg?

7. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Yeah I have used a little giant for 4 years. Got some pretty good hatches, but to monitor the temp and humidity, is all you really have to do, I haven't used a little giant incubator for about a year. The thermostats are very different, the wafer thermostats, are great thermostats, that have been used a long time, the little giant (chinese made thermostat) SuX.

Well I am stuck with my LG unless I sell it but I do such staggered hatches I need 2!!!

8. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    (...............................................................................................................................................................................................)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
  9. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I dont know about the Hovabator.. but with the LG they recommend that your house temps be on the cooler side (not sure of the exact temps.. but I think it's like around 75ish?).. I tried using the LG and wanted to throw it out the window (my house temps had been running in the upper 90's and low 100's.. no AC and no basement or anyplace cool to keep it).. temp would go way too high even with a fan kit installed and the temperature dialed all the way off (just the heat of the fan kept it at 102 to 104).. so I had to open the incubator's windows and direct another fan blowing down into the bator... so if your house gets extremely hot.. I'm not sure if the Hovabator would work or not.. but I know the LG had issues with it. Luckily it belonged to a friend and I had a homemade bator to move their eggs into

edited for spelling errors

10. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    I have a hovabator and love it. I believe they both have the same type of temp controller. I bought an LG egg turner that fits in my Hova, because it was less expensive. I would suggest you get a hovabator with a fan in it. Either should work, as long as you keep them out of direct sunlight, sharp temp drops, and moving air.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by