Difference between male and female Mottled Cochin chicks

ladychicken&Ducklover

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Champion, Michigan
Hi.
Ok, I am unable to get pics of them at this time , however, I was guaranteed females when I ordered Mottled Cochin bantams, so I was wondering how I can tell the difference between them just by looking?

I'm curious because out of the 2 I have which are now 3 weeks old , one is Alot more interested in me , comes running to my hand and gives it a little peck. All the others are very skittish.

This little one climbs onto my hand and sits on my shoulder alot.

If anyone could just describe the difference , I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

What kind of differences do you mean? Mottled cochins are not sexable by colour, but if you have a chick with a pink comb, it's most likely a boy.

I find my boys are always more outgoing. Especially my cochins. I call them my little buddies, because as soon as the boys hear me knock on their brooder, they come running. They are about the same age, and I'm guessing by the size/colour of their combs, that they are boys. So I have 2 boys out of 4.

I don't know who you got your chicks from but i have not heard of anyone sexing bantams.... by about 4-5 weeks you should be able to tell by the combs (educated guesses anyway)

Back
Top Bottom