Difference between Partridge Cochin or Brahma

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crazychickengirl, Jun 18, 2008.

1. crazychickengirl

crazychickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Hi! I bought a bunch of mixed chick from RKO a couple of months ago and I have one that looks like either a partridge cochin or partridge brahma. Does anyone know how to tell which one it is? Her neck is lighter than the rest of her feathers. I will try to post a pic of her tomorrow when it's not dark. She looks identical to the hen pic in the post entitled "Wanted Young Partridge Cochin Rooster" under the chicks and chickens section and that person was saying that theirs was a cochin. I'm not familiar with cochins or brahmas...so I am looking for some signs to look for.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    If you live in the United States I dont think we have partridge brahmas. If we do they would be rare and probably not offered at a store.

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Cochins have lots and lots of leg and foot feathers and lots of fluff in between the tail and ground,,,,,,,,Brahmas have foot feathers on the outside of each leg, very sparse,,,,I suppose that would be the easiest way to tell you without seeing a picture. Cochins are globular in shape,,,,Brahmas are taller

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Even easier-Cochins have single combs, Brahmas have pea combs

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    duh me [​IMG] forget the obviouse

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007