Differences between hens and roos

Apopka Cluckers

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 29, 2008
Ok, I'm really new here and the amount of information on this site is almost overwhelming. Everyone asks great questions and the answers are great.

I started with 8 chicks that I got from a friend and I posted pics on here in the "What gender" forum and I got many different answers as to what they were. Some folks told me I had 3 roos and others as much as 5 roos.

Two of the roos have started to crow which is a dead giveaway I'm guess. Is there any other way to tell them apart besides which on lays and which one crows? One that I thought was a roo, I was told, is definitely a hen even though it has a raised comb and waddles. It's almost really confusing
smile.png

Thanks ahead of time.

Probably best to keep your conversation going on your previous thread since you have posted links to photos there.

Without knowing what breed, age, etc, no one is going to be able to offer any more help than you may have gotten already.

Wayne

Good idea, thank you.

I will try and get some new pics up there or better pics to get a better idea. They are older now and it may be easier to sex them.

Back
Top Bottom