Different Ducks in One Pen

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MudHog, Jun 30, 2011.

1. MudHog

MudHog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    We currently have Pekins and I want some Call Ducks and my wife would like some Rouens. Can all (3) species live together in say a 12' x 30' pen? I was thinking maybe (4) of each or something like that.

2. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Yes, they can [​IMG] I have Pekins, Rouens, some little babies and a few mutts all living together right now.

3. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I personally would not keep bantam ducks in with large ducks. I had all my ducks freeranging at one time and the larger ducks are just too rough on the little ducks. The larger males will breed with the small ducks and hurt them.

I do have different breeds of ducks together but my ducks are seperated by size. Bantams in one pen, larger in another.

4. MarieNC

MarieNC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    I have two Rouen and two Pekin together in the same pen and they get along fine.

5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I am with Chickensioux on this. Large ducks with large and bantams with bantams. Saves on headaches down the road with drakes and breeding.

6. MudHog

MudHog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    Thanks folks.

I may end just just doing Pekins and Rouens. Leave the bantams out the mix completely. Now I can just have more larger ducks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by