Different egg flavors?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mstricer, Sep 9, 2009.

1. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Has anyone did a taste test with different breeds to see if they have different flavors. As with different chicken breeds taste different. I havent done this yet due to not everyone is laying yet.
    Who has done this and with what breeds did you test?

2. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

I never really noticed a difference between my girls. They were all diff breeds and laid all diff coloured eggs.

I DID notice a difference tho when they ate certain foods... they got into the kitty food one day and I could swear the eggs were vaguely fishy flavoured for a few days afterwards, but not sure if I was imagining it.

You do notice tho the difference between store bought and home grown. We dropped to 2 hens earlier this year, and had to buy store eggs... UGH

Never again!! The store eggs have such a difference in the texture, colour, structure...our eggs from the back garden taste a 100, no 1000x better!! The yolks are soooo pretty....bright orange and the whites are just perfect [​IMG] Nothing like a fresh egg that your girls gave you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by