Different kinds of quail

jack & mommy's duckies

Songster
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
I've just gotten bitten by the quail addiction this year. I have about 75 Courtnix, about 40 buttons and 1 bobwhite that just hatched a few days ago.

My question is this....what kinda of quial do you have and what breeds do you suggest??? It is fall buy sell trades in my area and i'd love to add a breed or two.

Thanks

jack & mommy's duckies :

I've just gotten bitten by the quail addiction this year. I have about 75 Courtnix, about 40 buttons and 1 bobwhite that just hatched a few days ago.

My question is this....what kinda of quial do you have and what breeds do you suggest??? It is fall buy sell trades in my area and i'd love to add a breed or two.

Thanks

i have only coturnix. i hope to learn more about color mutations and breeding them for that....​

jack & mommy's duckies :

Thanks

75 coturnix sounds good to me! 40 Buttons...they are a personal preference, I just don't have any.

Like mhwc56, I only have coturnix, but would never poo poo anyone's preference in a game bird. It's just a matter of what you want from your birds, and avoiding the "hype".
Coturnix works for me, because they fit my basic style of bird raising. I'm pretty much a one trick pony in the quail department.

My only suggestion for expansion would be to...get your lone bobwhite a companion.
hide.gif

I only have buttons. I love them! So cute, and i love the different colours i get. I dont know much about any other quail tho...

I have 100+ coturnix (I use them for eggs and color mutations) , 100+ adult button quail (eggs and color mutations, sell pairs), 10 Bobwhite (was 40 but predators...) used for eggs, 20 Valley quail (eggs)

Back
Top Bottom