Different temp. on each side!!! HELP!

kyeschicks

Serama Chicken Enthusiast
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Texas
I have the bator and im on day 16 and I have Standard size eggs in the right side and Bantam size eggs on the left side, I have to thermometers on each side and on the side where the standard are is 101.3 and on the bantam side the temp is 99.5 I thought one was reading the temp. wrong so I switch them and It had still read the same temp. standard side - 101.3, Bantam side - 99.6 so they are working right but whats wrong?????? I have a Little Giants and I've heard that the still air have to be at 100.5 but can it stay at 99.5??? if I turn the thermostat it will go high but also it will get higher on the standard side! I need help ASAP please!!!!!

Quote:
but will they still hatch if its at 99.5 in the bantam side? I have a still air

Ok I candled to see if they were ok because it has been like that like more than 2 hours about 3 hours and I saw movement so that means they're ok. I prefere to leave the temp. at 99.5 and let the eggs to delay on hatch than to let them DIE!!! I've always heard that the Still-Air had to be at 100.5 or somewhere in there and its worrying me that its too low! at 99.5! but on the other side (Standard) it's not worrying me because the temp. is at 101 I just want to know if 99.5 is too low for them that will kill them. Im ok if they delay but I will not be ok if they DIE!

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got a still air a forced air and a cabinet now. the still air is now my hatcher but i had sucess with it just the same as an incubator. i kept the temperature at around 99.5-100.5 but lowered it to 98.5-99.5 for the last 2-3 days. my genesis changed all that though. now im hoping my cabinet will fix that lol. sorry im gushing i cant help it lol

temp range for chicken eggs should be 98-102. you're in the safe zone, don't panic.
smile.png
they'll be fine.

Quote:
Thanks! now im feeling A LOT better =]

This is for everyone,

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate that y'all help me! This is my 5th month at BYC and I've been very happy each day that they're many people that really have patience with people like me =] mostly ALL of my threads are about help! xD I do feel bad when I post a thread that I have already post it in the past, like in January I posted a thread that said "Help the temp. has gone to 99.5!!! HELP ASAP!" and I just keep posting it again I really don't have an Idea why I do that I think I do it because I just want to make sure that I can leave it a 99.5 and again Thanks for leaving your replies and having patience with me =]

J-Skittles or JhonnyakaSkittles
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom