Different topic for a change...........

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by villnave, Jul 19, 2008.

1. villnave

villnave Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2008
    I know this has NOTHING to do with chickens but,I have 8 strange eggs in my incubator . They are NOT geese( too small to be), they are NOT turkey( no brown speckles), AND DEFINATELY NOT seagull!What could they be? I found in our hayfield. I'll post a picture as soon as I can. Another possibility is DUCK![​IMG]

2. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Hmmmm will be interesting to find out what they are [​IMG]

3. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    Well I guess you will probably find out when they hatch or at least when they grow up. [​IMG]

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Could they be pheasants or partridge?

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:This is so funny! I have 8 strange eggs in my incubator. Like they nagically appeared one day in your incubator and you dont know how. [​IMG]

I hope they hatch, then we can see what they are. Grouse?

6. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Ok, where do you live, and what color are they? Were they in a nest of sorts, or just on the ground?

7. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I hope this is not a case of a good deed gone wrong. Momma bird might be missing her eggs.

Like other folks have said. Pictures, location, nest description, little bit more of the surrounding habitat besides hay field and we might be able to do more than guess. [​IMG]

8. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Are they about the size of a bantam chicken egg, and are they speckled,? If so they are probably killdeer. There was a nest of them near my church and they are almost invisible even as chicks.

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Do you have a picture of the eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by