digestion problem?

aswin ragh

Hatching
Oct 21, 2017
I am a beginner. I feed my chicken mainly, wheet .in my hen's droppings we can see whole wheet with out any changes. is there any digestion problem?. she stopped laying eggs. please help me by suggesting medicine.

Hi and :welcome!

Does she have access to any grit? Grit is anything such as ground up granite, dug up dirt, etc. that they can eat. It will go into her crop and help to break down the foods that she is eating. They can't digest anything other than chicken food without it.

Hope this helps!

If they are outside and are pecking at grass and get the dirt at the bottom that generally works. We also have recently started to provide some clay/tiny stones from our creek with the mud. That works too.

Also though, is wheat all you are feeding her? Does she have access to regular chicken food or do you supplement her nutrient intake with anything else? They shouldn't just be fed one thing, so that they can have a balanced diet.

Do you not feed a 'regular' COMPLETE chicken feed?
She probably isn't getting the proper nutrition from just wheat.

Chickens need a certain amount of protein and calcium, among many other things, just to produce an egg.

Back
Top Bottom