Digital Camera Technical Difficulties-Help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Hi, for those of you who might be more tech savvy or know some stuff about digital cameras, I need help. I have a Polaroid a520 (5.0 megapixels) digital camera that I got a few years ago. I used to use it quite often, but recently I haven't used it in well over a year until now. It has fresh, new batteries in it (and full battery life), it turns on and off perfectly fine, it has a memory card that is properly inserted into it, the flash works, it can take pictures/video clips, etc...Overall, you would think that it works perfectly fine. But, it doesn't. Whenever I take a picture or video clip, it doesn't save to the camera at all. If I take a picture and then go to the gallery of pictures where it should have been saved after I took it, it won't be there. Only the old ones from the last time I used this camera are saved there. At first, I thought that there was simply no more space left on the memory card. So I deleted 20+ pictures from it, took a picture, and checked to see if it saved. But, strangely enough, it still hadn't saved at all. [​IMG]
    I tried taking out the memory card, looking it over, and putting it back in. It looked perfectly fine and I made sure it was all the way in the slot next to the batteries, where it should be. But still, nothing I've tried will fix it and enable it to save the pictures.

*Update: OK so I was scrolling through some more of the pictures on the camera and realized that it was saving some of the pictures, but they were all mixed in with the older pictures?! [​IMG]

Thanks for any help you can offer! [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Well, I'm not a camera expert but you might want to delete everything from the camera's memory card. Then you'll be able to find the ones it does save more easily, even if it doesn't help with the problem. Weird. [​IMG]

3. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    We save ours pics to our comp quite often and keep the memory card erased.

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    some cameras don't save pics in order that you take them. If you randomly delete pics, it'll save them in those random slots.

So if you have pics 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

and you delete pics 3 and 5

The next two pics you take will be saved in those spots ... make sense??

I download my pics to the puter pretty regulary and keep the camera clear .. for that reason ..

~dw

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:I do that, too, and my camera has never had problems.
    My old camera only had extremely inefficient battery usage problems, as I recall, and it was about eight years old or something...

6. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OK, thanks everyone! The only problem is, I somehow misplaced the cord that connects the camera to the computer to upload pictures onto it. [​IMG] Maybe a friend will let me borough theirs, even though they have a different camera. Would it still work with different cameras if the cord is the right size for both?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by