Digital Thermo/Hygrometer Recommendations?

blaines.insane

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 26, 2008
SW Utah
I have spent a lot of time looking for a reliable & accurate digital humity/temp gauge to use in my Genesis Hovabator, and am having a hard time making a decision. So I figured I'd ask what you all are using.

I would like to know:

1) brand
2) have you tested accuracy? If so, how'd it do?
3) how long you've been using it?
4) aprox. price and where you bought it (if online)

Thanks,

Blaine

I have two. One is a Springfield. Got it at Wal-mart for $7. I also have a Bemis. I paid $26 for it. I have them side by side in my Genisis. Most of the time they are within .2 degrees of each other. The humidity is about 6% difference between the two. I have never checked the humidity accuracy. Do a search on here and it will tell you how to check it. I doubt a few percent humidity is going to make or break a hatch. I trust the Bemis more than the Springfield, as it was more expensive, and that is the one that I use to gauge the humidity level.

That's probably a good idea to have two in there... I didn't think of that. If you averaged the two, you'd probably have as accurate a measurement as you'd ever need.

few more questions, though --- where do you find the room for them when you're doing a large hatch? Do you use an auto egg turner? Would you put them on top of the turner? Or would you remove a couple of trays? If you removed trays, would you think it necessary to elevate the instruments to the level of the eggs?

I use a Springfield and an Accurite that I bought from Wal-mart years ago. I keep mine in the back side of the bator away from the turner.

I have a Bemis that I paid $$ for and I like the Springfield and the Accurites best. I use new batteries everytime I do a hatch and I take them out and dry the thermometer/hygrometers out til I use them the next time.

Back
Top Bottom