DILEMMA......PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rockyroo, May 23, 2008.

1. rockyroo

rockyroo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2008
    Hi all
    Im just in my second batch now and i have encountered the same problem as last time and am gutted.I had 4 chicks hatch out of 20 fertile eggs in my last batch and on day 24 i decided too pull the plug and check the remainder 16eggs all the chicks were fully formed inside the egg but never pipped never mind hatch.Im on day 24 again now and the same has happened i had 4 hatch on day 21 and 16 left so i decided too open one today and there is the same inside a fully formed chick....What will i do now or what have i been doing wrong...will i pull the plug again and start another batch....im getting so close as u all no we put alot of effort into hatching eggs and its gutting too see them fully formed when i open an egg...PLEASE HELP

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    i don't know why that happens maybe someone else on here knows cuz i've seen it happen myself. my banty hen set on some eggs an they hatched a week ago 2 hatched out of 8 an once the hen came off the nest for good we open one egg to find a fully formed chick but it never pip or anything "note" this is from a hen setting on the eggs. i'm just like you i have no clue

3. rockyroo

Apr 13, 2008
    Hopefully its fixable ....and ur hen was broody so it wud be gd too no the problem

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I think that means the humidity is too high and they are drowning? I'm not positive though. Sorry this is happening to you [​IMG]

5. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    it's sometimes weak breeding stock that causes this problem. Are all the eggs from the same source?

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
  7. rockyroo

Apr 13, 2008
    julie yes they are all from the one cock

8. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    that might just be your problem right there......... he might have weak genes the babies can grow but are not strong enough. Get yourself a new roo!!!

9. rockyroo

Apr 13, 2008
    thanks a mil i will get a new roo straight away ....thank u ....does this mean im doing everything else right then

10. rockyroo

Apr 13, 2008
    thanks poison ivy that is a gd link

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by