Dilemma...WWYD?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Cindiloohoo, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I put in my 2 weeks notice a week and a half ago. I hurt my back Thursday...minor strained muscle from work. I didn't go to work Friday so my back could heal and so I would not REALLY injure it further. I also have ANOTHER stinkin chest cold [​IMG] They have my replacement in training now. While I could use the extra cash...I've been WIDE AWAKE since getting DD off to school this morning! I've fixed DD's lunch, done laundry, started supper in the crock pot, fed the animals, and done my meal planning for the week, and NOW....I can't frickin sleep!!!! I am supposed to go in from 3:30pm until 2 am. The drive home is bad enough when awake with all the deer we have jumping outta the bushes around here [​IMG] SOOOOO...would you even bother going back? It is just 3 days. Part of me wants to finish up, and the other part of says "meh...it's 3 days, they don't need me." DH says he doesn't care either way. Why does this decision feel so complicated? I want to work from home again...could I not just start today instead of Wednesday?!?! [​IMG] Am I just being a baby about going back to work? It is JUST 3 days. I DO very much hate that job...but it was a gift from God when I needed one!!! Anyway, I'm feeling wimpy for not wanting to go...what would you all do?

P.S. DH started his new job today..so that's part of my wimpy...I won't get to see him for THREE WHOLE DAYS! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    What does your conscience say, Yoohoo?

4. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:It says...uhhhhhhhhhhhh...umm.. It sounds like B.O. It has no idea.. [​IMG]

5. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:It says...uhhhhhhhhhhhh...umm.. It sounds like B.O. It has no idea.. [​IMG]

Silly girl, you know you'll feel better for having lived up to your word. Struggle through, you CAN do it! Besides, if it was a gift from God when you needed it, you really don't want to snub the giver! [​IMG]

6. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN

Silly girl, you know you'll feel better for having lived up to your word. Struggle through, you CAN do it! Besides, if it was a gift from God when you needed it, you really don't want to snub the giver! [​IMG]

I hate it when you make sense [​IMG] The giver gave DH a job after we agreed that I would quit when he went to work. So, still....I can't sleep, and don't want to DIE coming home tomorrow morning....but I want to get it over with at the same time. Then I think 10 hours is a looooong night with no sleep. Still undecided..

7. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Set a good example for the kids, show them what the real work ethic is all about?

8. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:[​IMG] yeah.

9. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Well, going in will also allow you to have a good recommendation from them, should you ever need it.
    It will set a good example for the kids.
    DH will be proud of you for toughing it out, even though he says he doesn't care.
    YOU will be proud of yourself.
    Your conscience will be quieter.
    And you won't have me chewing on your butt anymore! [​IMG]

10. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:I know. I'm just nervous driving on our road at night...almost hit deer SEVERAL times lately. And no sleep is going to SUCK LEMONS...and chest cold is going to be worse at night too. That is what has been keeping me up [​IMG] This early Fall weather has everybody messed up. I missed church yesterday!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by