1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dinner time pics.... pic heavy!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by the1much, Sep 26, 2008.

1. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

well,, my wifers refuses to throw their "table scraps" on the ground,, so this is how she feeds them. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this is the "queen" guarding the "life giver" hehe [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I agree, who would want good food on the ground? I use peat moss in my runs and it gets all over the food. I put leftovers in a big bowl and at least they start out clean...
    Nice looking chickens, quite a variety!
    Your wife is a good chicken mom [​IMG]

3. the1much

thanks,,, she'll LOVE to hear that,,,,,i feed em on the ground cause of the sand [​IMG]
    but its about the only way she can get some attention from them [​IMG]
    and them pics aint even half the variety we got [​IMG]

i need to take a pic of the wifers when she's feeding them,, she looks more happy then them,,hehe [​IMG]

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I use a big bowl. I don't like the scraps getting dirty.

5. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Whoa, is that a leghorn roo with that big comb?

6. the1much

7. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Nice looking chickens. I have a white leghorn roo with a huge comb just like yours. We call him Col. Sanders.

8. the1much

mine has an attitude because he was a easter chick,, all green, and when my friend dropped him off, my girls called him popcorn. poor guy haha [​IMG]
    and thanks on the "good looking" im learning,, and maybe soon i'll get pics of ALL of em [​IMG]

EDIT: cause my S key is messed up with SODA!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  9. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    That is amazing. My 8 year old son just came in the room and said really loud..."WHOA look at the comb on that chicken! It must be a rooster!" We have a leghorn hen and her comb flops over. Yours stands straight up. Is it OK to flop over? I read somewhere it should be straight up but I have also heard leghorns can be floppy.

10. the1much

nope,,, the hens will almost always flop,,, only the roo's have em standing up like that ( most times) ,, his son that i have is on his way to getting a "good 1" too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by