Dinner tonight.......

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by luvmychicknkids, Mar 25, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Not actually putting a recipe here, it was just so good I am still drooling and had to share. [​IMG] I am going to be getting some ducks in a few weeks (ready to eat age). I LOVE duck meat. So I have been wanting it BAD thinking about them and broke down and bought one (actually had to special order it). So, I Slow roasted the duck with an orange glaze (concentrated orange juice, a touch of brown sugar, some crushed mandarin oranges,a little ginger), chopped up red bell pepper, onions, zucchini, and red potatoes, drizzled them with olive oil and seasoned salt and roasted them, and had a fesh loaf of bakery bread (too lazy to make my own today).

Ahhhhhhh........the kids and I were rolling around like little piggies when we finished dinner. [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Roast duck.

Sounds yummy.

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Ahhhhhhh yes!!!!! It was. I honestly have no clue why I love duck so much...I won't touch the dark meat on otehr birds. [​IMG]

4. mmmm mmmm sounds sooo good , its making my mouth water just thinkin about it . Never done it with the orange glaze but gonna try that soon !

Fay

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I love Duck just for some reason never make it.
    I made Beef Bourginonne, it was yummy , if I do say so myself.

6. Blue Skys

Blue Skys Hi Mom!!

Nov 25, 2008
    Texas
    I have to admit that I have never eaten duck. [​IMG]

Where is a good place to get good quality duck?

7. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I'll have to try duck someday. I've had duck dressing, but that's about all the experience i've had.

8. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I adore duck & the family doesn't [​IMG] .

My favorite recipe is to roast it with soy sauce, O.J., white pepper & ginger. When it's about done, I make a hoisin based sauce and asian veggies. Serve with rice. Yum!

I am jealous that you're having duck & I am not.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I've never had duck either, at least that I can remember... Now I want some after that description!

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Well......the best place to get duck is the Glacier Brewhouse in
    Anchorage Alaska (I THINK...I had two fave places to eat and I think that was the one) but since that is NOT what you meant...LOL I would look for someone who farm raises them. If you can't find someone, getting one from the grocery works too. [​IMG] I couldn't get one anywhere though without special ordering it.

For those who have not tried it, you should. You may end up with a new favorite!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by