DIPSEY DOODLE DOO!!!!!! PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jkcove08, Dec 4, 2007.

1. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey Lisa,
    I just got a naked necker from the green egg!!!!! I was so worried that I would not know who came from what eggs since they are all together but I had one frizzle that was hatched this morning and then the NN hatched from the blue green egg and now one of the silkies from the blue eggs is almost totally hatched. The NN is red skinned with blueish black fuzz and yellow, it just hatched a few minutes ago so it will be a while before it fluffs out. I have about 5 or 6 others that are pipped too. I was getting soooo nervous. I got some silkie eggs from Kentucky silkie on the other board and he sent me 2 green eggs that are americana hens with silkie roos and I know 1 of those is growing for sure too. I will let you know later what the final hatch is. I had 16 that made it to hatch time so we will see. Jenn

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. Hi Jenn! That's awesome!
    You're going to have an 'odder' bunch of birds than I have here before long.
    Can't wait to see them all fluffed up [​IMG]

Lisa

3. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    OK, Heres a couple pics.
    NN from a green/blue egg
    [​IMG]

Silkie from a blue/green egg
    [​IMG]

Group shot..
    [​IMG]
    The silkie from the blue egg has fuzz on every toe!!! It is beautiful!! Thanks Lisa. I ended up with 4 NNs, 3 silkies and 3 Frizzles and 1 NN that was fully feathered. One of the silkies has a very nicely valted head too. I lost 2 NNs and 2 silkies and 1 frizzle. I think they got rolled around to much. [​IMG] Jenn

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  4. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    [​IMG] Congratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Those are some adorable chicks. [​IMG]

6. Wow!
    Does the chick from the NN blue/green egger have a bow-tie?
    I was thinking if Neon, the red-skin black NN roo, was the papa it would not have a bow-tie.

The chick from the silkie-feathered blue/green egger came out a peculiar color, didn't it? Nice feet [​IMG]

Do I see a dark-skinned NN with a yellow head-spot in there?

Thanks for the pics!

Lisa

7. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey Lisa, everyone is doing great. The one with the yellow spot actually is a red neck. There is a blue that has black and red skin but mostly they are all red skinned. The green egg NN does have a bow tie too. They are such wonderful fluff balls. I lost what would have been a white silkie and one of the NNs that I lost had a beautiful valted head. Those got rolled over after they pipped. I didnt have any rubber matting when I put them in to hatch and of course speedy 1 and 2 were on the move right after hatching. They are wonderful and hopefully someday a couple will lay green eggs for me too. THis spring I will get with you for another round. I am just so glad that I was able to see who hatched out of most of the eggs. Usually they wait until the middle of the night to hatch and when I get up there are 4 or 5 and I dont know which eggs they came out of. Thanks again. Jenn

8. Hi Jenn,
    That most of the NNs (from brown/tan eggs) have red skin is a good sign the red-skin blue/gold Frizz NN roo was the papa and you'll have some FRIZZLED NAKED NECK chicks!

The yellow head-spot NN chick is going to be another NN x Barred Rock cross [​IMG]
    I have come *so* close to pinching that hen's head off for fence-jumping.

It's great you got to see them hatch to know 'who's what' [​IMG] I hope you kept the note from the box, I'd hate to write the crosses out again [​IMG]

It's a real joy to share eggs from my little 'odd birds'!
    I appreciate you hatching them and sharing pics.

Lol, Hubby still says, "Every one of the little freaks that hatch SOMEWHERE ELSE is one less that hatches HERE."
    Ain't he sweet [​IMG]

Happy Holidays and Happy Hatching!

Lisa
    ps: I must have seen a 'fluke bullseye' on the Serama eggs. None of the ones I've set here were fertile til laid 11/25. My mistake, again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by