Dipsy Doodle Doo's Frizzle eggs have hatched!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cardboy826, Sep 4, 2008.

1. cardboy826

cardboy826 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    winston-salem, nc
    10 out of 13 eggs have hatched. I dont think the last three are going to make it. I got 7 chicks with 5 toes and 3 with 4 toes. Looks like most of them are going to be black but there is some with lighter color and Im not sure what they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Aw so cute! peep peep babies!

3. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Awe, I want some!!!
    Good job [​IMG]

4. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I have 30 of Dispsy doo's eggs in the bator now - day 5!

5. cardboy826

Mar 7, 2008
    winston-salem, nc
    Good Luck. She has really fertile eggs. I only had one infertile(the naked neck that my son wanted so bad). I want to get another batch already but I doubt I could talk my husband into getting them. Its about time to shut the bator down till spring.

Melissa

6. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Oh, you're gonna love them!! I've got 2 of her Frizzles, one of her NN's and a bunch of her Ameraucana's in the barn-- they're about 6 weeks old now-- and so very very cute [​IMG]

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I have 8 of her frizzle babies that are about three weeks old. That light colored one is really pretty! Reminds me of a seal point siamese cat.
    Several of mine are black also - but I do have some blue ones with barring or cuckoo and then one that remains a mystery on what color it wants to be. Started out with white wing feathers, then a row of black feathers, now its getting some blue feathers in...

Good luck - her babies are part hummingbird too - like to flap those little wings a million miles an hour!

8. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Had to show you how cute they will be in a few months! Hatch date on these was May 16, 2008. Pics were taken July 20, 2008.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cardboy826

Mar 7, 2008
    winston-salem, nc
    We currently have a flock of 6 banty cochins but they are all white expect one mottled. They seem to be everyones favorite so I wanted to add some color into the coop. I also have a batch of reds, gray, and buff going into the hatch tray on Saturday. Lisa has very nice frizzles so we are excited to watch them grow up.

Melissa

10. Hi Melissa,
    The first one looks like a blue.
    The 2nd one looks like it might be a splash, with that darker head, tho, it might be a light blue.
    I haven't hatched a splash from this bunch myself. Teri, was that splash NN you hatched colored like Melissa's light chick?
    That splash frizz NN is oo-la-la! I didn't remember that one!!!!

Thanks for all the pics!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by