Directory

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by stonefox, Jan 20, 2013.

1. stonefox

stonefox New Egg

Jan 9, 2013
    I've heard a few members talk about a directory on this site for finding breeders and such.
    I'm in NY and looking to raise some pheasants.
    Could someone point me to this directory.
    Thanks
    Sean

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Mine is The American Pheasant and Waterfowl Society(APWS) directory.There are lots of people in N.Y. with birds.The Batavia Fairgrounds has a huge bird and animal auction in Oct.What species are you looking for and I will look them up?
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. stonefox

stonefox New Egg

Jan 9, 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply Tony.
    I'm thinking ring necks.

4. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Ron Ballard in Argyle,Frank Kunnumpurath in Lafayette,Gary Simpson in Norwichand Steve Wratten in Hubbardsville.These are the only ones listing ringnecks.I'm sure there are more ,but they do not list them.If you can't find any thru these guys,I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.
    If you go to www.apws.com.I think you can join thru there,but you will not get a directory unless you ask them for one.They usually send directories out in May.
    In N.H.,Tony.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. stonefox

stonefox New Egg

Jan 9, 2013
    Tony,
    Are the contact numbers available for these fellas ? Would it be possible to PM me the numbers if you have them ?

6. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Yes,I will pm them to you.
    In N.H.,Tony.

7. stonefox

stonefox New Egg

Jan 9, 2013
    Thanx Tony

8. Rick Hayes

Rick Hayes New Egg

Jan 20, 2013
    Hi Tony
    I am also looking in to starting raising ring necks I live 20 miles Argyle If you can please pm me Ron Ballards number also. I have been wanting to buy hatching eggs on ebay but they are all in the south. And do you have any idea what hatching eggs are going for. Last summer I bought 100 coturnex quail eggs from ebay and had over a 80% hatch rate. This year I am wanting to try the ring necks.
    Thank you
    Rick

9. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Don't waste your time and hard earned money on eggs,but young birds in the spring.In the long run it will be much cheaper then buying eggs which may not hatch.Quail eggs hatch much better then pheasants when shipped,I don't know why but they just do.Maybe because the quail are constintly breeding while pheasants are as horny I guess I would have to say.
    I will pm you Rons number.
    In N.H.,Tony.

10. BYC-user-174785

BYC-user-174785 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    I also raise pheasants, just not ringnecks. I live close to Frank Kunnumpurath and I can tell you that he has an amazing facilities and great birds. Last time I was there, I do not remember seeing anymore ringneck pheasants. But like Tony said, the auction in Batavia is a good place to find such birds. Also there is an auction in Bath, NY were you can buy pheasants as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by