dirty butt

mo puff

Chirping
11 Years
Sep 14, 2011
One of my girls always has the dirtiest "petticoat", shd i concern myself w/ this. She lays and eats normal, i did notice that some of the poop is rather 'loose' and runny. I have in the past put wormer in their water... shd i be giving them D.E. too?

thank you Cluckluke for your response. I wont worry about it too much then, may try to wash her. Tell me , do you feed yours Diatenatious Earth?

We had a fly strike fatality. Didn't see it until it was too late.
sad.png

My Rooster and one of my four pullets have developed a runny poop in the last four days. Otherwise, they are eating well, look bright and healthy, and the one that lays is laying normally. Their eyes/nose/ears are clear of any discharge. Other than the poo, they seem normal.

The development of this happened just one day after I changed the shavings in their coop. I usually change the shavings once a week, but due to the mess from the runny poo's the new shavings are already pretty soiled.
So when you say Runny poo's are normal, is this what I should expect now that they are mature? Previously the poos have been rather formed. As for Flystrike, I suppose the only way to prevent this would be to clean the bums frequently? The two who are experiencing the runny poo do in fact have slightly dirty rears.

I have tetracycline if you think that would help though Id love to avoid anitbiotics if possible. I also usually give them plain yogurt, slightly past expiry once a week. Is there something else I can give them to help harden the stool again? For example, in Dogs when they have diahreah we give them pureed pumpkin and their poo will harden up.

Back
Top Bottom