Dirty Duck!

Crafty-Duck

Songster
7 Years
May 27, 2012
Lucky Duck Pond
My Muscovy male doesn't like to take baths! instead he dips down like he is throwing water on himself and flapping his wings but he is in the grass
hmm.png
I call it fake bathing!!! is this normal? does anyone Else's Muscovy's do this? he has been doing this behavior for 5 years now! just now wondering if other do this too.

My Muscovy male doesn't like to take baths! instead he dips down like he is throwing water on himself and flapping his wings but he is in the grass
hmm.png
I call it fake bathing!!! is this normal? does anyone Else's Muscovy's do this? he has been doing this behavior for 5 years now! just now wondering if other do this too.
I have a couple older ducks that do this and you can tell it isn't working they are solid white and very dirty. Seems like Scovies don't like to bath after they get a certain age, In the summer I will take my dirtiest ducks to the pool and put them in, once in the splash around and wash. My younger ones still love to get in and wash. I have even seen my 5 yrs old gander do the mock bathing.

At least he isn't the only one!!!! I have to do the same thing!!! throw him in the pool and splash water on him.He only took real bathes for 1 year then he quickly grow out of them
hmm.png

At least he isn't the only one!!!! I have to do the same thing!!! throw him in the pool and splash water on him.He only took real bathes for 1 year then he quickly grow out of them
hmm.png
Most of my drakes 8yrs to 6months only get into the pool if one of the ducks gets in. but sometimes i will see them in there bathing all by them selves. especially my 6month old he love to soak in the pool. Today is the first day in a long time none got into the pool it was froze with a layer of ice this morning but by afternoon it was thawed still no one took the plunge, won't be long till it will be dumped till next spring. But i do use a rubber cement mixing tub in the winter on nicer days so they can at least have the opportunity to bath if they want. then just dump it in the eve. 2 of my 8yrs old white ducks haven't even molted yet. My other solid white same age has.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom