Dirty Eggs

Angela Thomson

Songster
6 Years
Aug 6, 2017
Southern Indiana
It’s been a mud mess here in southern Indiana and some of my eggs have mud on them. Tracked in to the nest most likely. I put new straw in but to no avail. Can I hatch these? Wash first?
I definitely have fertile eggs and ready for chicks!

It’s been a mud mess here in southern Indiana and some of my eggs have mud on them. Tracked in to the nest most likely. I put new straw in but to no avail. Can I hatch these? Wash first?
I definitely have fertile eggs and ready for chicks!
Hi, I usually have quite soiled eggs myself, because of the rain and mud. Use a paper towel lightly wet it and try to clean the eggs off. Do not completely cover them with water and they should be fine once cleaned up a bit. Let them rest about 5 mins after cleaning if you move the eggs around while trying to clean them. Or just place them in the incubator or under a hen. They should hatch out just fine. I've Hatched all mine out that were dirty.

Hi, I usually have quite soiled eggs myself, because of the rain and mud. Use a paper towel lightly wet it and try to clean the eggs off. Do not completely cover them with water and they should be fine once cleaned up a bit. Let them rest about 5 mins after cleaning if you move the eggs around while trying to clean them. Or just place them in the incubator or under a hen. They should hatch out just fine. I've Hatched all mine out that were dirty.
Ok will do!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom