dirty heating element 1266 sportsman hatcher, possible fire hazard ?

allbirds4me

Songster
7 Years
Jun 12, 2015
just noticed the coiled spring type heating element that goes around the ceramic insulators
in my hatcher has some minor chick down/ dust devils stuck /hanging on it.
any worries with that causing a fire or making the element malfunction ?
Not sure how to clean it without taking the hatcher apart up in that area, don't really want to " go there" , have n/t to do that now
with eggs going in there soon.
also
afraid I may make matters worse and screw something up in that area if I try to open the unit up ( unscrew the panels ) back there and go tinkering around up there much .
afraid to use the vacumn cleaner , may damage the element, not sure.

also is some dust on the fan blades & in/around the box that houses it, don't think that's a fire hazard but what is the best way to go about cleaning up there around all that stuff ?
thanks if anyone can help. I cut the unit on already hoping the fan would blow some of the junk off the element but it's still hanging on to it !

Vacuum your best solution.. If it does not do the job,, try compressed air. If you don't have that, then try using canned air available at office supply stores for cleaning computer keyboards.. I am not able to see your heating element and how potentially fire hazard prone it is, but to be on the safe side.... """ better to possibly breaking unit and make inoperative ,, then risk FIRE. """ Clean it gently and all should be better than it is now..

WISHING YOU BEST AND
welcome-byc.gif

I tried canned air, not strong enough. A vacuum won't work for I don't have a small enough attachment to get to the dirt...the housing for the fan is covered with hardware cloth put there by gqf and then there are the heating coils on the hardware cloth too...have to be really careful with cleaning this thing.
This is an older model sportsman.
Anyone know if it would be likely to mess anything up on it by taking the top off and cleaning it after doing so ?

bump....anyone ever take the top off their sportsman cabinet incubator to get down in it to clean better?

Back
Top Bottom