Dirty Jobs Murray Mcmurray Hatchery Did anyone watch it?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PippyChicken, Aug 28, 2010.

1. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    I did! It was very interesting....

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I didn't [​IMG] see it, so what happened?

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    How about he sexing part when the guy is showing Mike how to "squeeze the poo" out of the chicks, and Mike says "We're just a couple of guys squeezing the crap out of chicks". [​IMG] Man he kills me.

4. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    I thought it was a new episode oops it's old.....

5. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Cam you post a link?

6. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't know where to find the whole episode, but here's part of it.

7. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Have you seen the comments? The goons are accusing Mike Rowe and McMurray Hatchery of animal cruelty. [​IMG] Factory farming is one thing, but how on Earth is sexing and vaccinating chicks "cruelty?" It's an economic necessity! It probably saves the little birds' lives. After all, what do a lot of people do if they get a rooster when they should get a hen?

Stew pot.

Honestly, I just don't get Youtubers. [​IMG] When they stop buying eggs and chicken, THEN they can criticize. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  8. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Oh yeah, these same people who know nothing about the hatchery industry will point fingers and then go eat Kentucky Fried Chicken and not have a second thought as to the conditions their lunch was raised in before being put in the to go box.

9. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:Oh yeah, these same people who know nothing about the hatchery industry will point fingers and then go eat Kentucky Fried Chicken and not have a second thought as to the conditions their lunch was raised in before being put in the to go box.

Yeah. If you're going to criticize the hatchery as cruelty, then you shouldn't eat chicken or eggs at all. The birds are only in the hatchery for one day of their lives! They spend the rest getting injected with hormones in factory farms.

It's why I'm glad we can get our own eggs from our own chickens. They taste better, they're healthier, and FREE!

I can't stand hypocrites.

10. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire

Yeah. If you're going to criticize the hatchery as cruelty, then you shouldn't eat chicken or eggs at all. The birds are only in the hatchery for one day of their lives! They spend the rest getting injected with hormones in factory farms.

It's why I'm glad we can get our own eggs from our own chickens. They taste better, they're healthier, and FREE!

I can't stand hypocrites.

Hypocrites, yes, but also a lot of plain ol' ignorance. They don't realize that the majority of those hatchery chicks are going to live on farms or in small backyards where they will be loved, treated fairly and have a good life, as opposed to the factory farms they unknowingly support every time they buy factory farm eggs or store bought chicken. I don't think they know they are hypocrites, as I said, I think most are simply ignorant. But I'm with you, it pains me to see those narrow minded remarks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by