Dirty Jobs on catching chickens in Miami

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by underground chickenman, Jul 7, 2010.

1. underground chickenman

underground chickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2009
    Orlando, Florida
    If you get Discovery Channel, right now on Dirty Jobs they are catching chickens in Miami. Pretty interesting.

UGCM

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

It's a repeat, but well worth watching again! I really enjoyed it.

3. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Yea it is a rerun but really funny!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Darn! I missed it! Sure would have loved to see that. [​IMG]

5. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    It was pretty funny. I guess they have a lot of wild chickens in Miami. One quote on the show said "Chickens are the most populous bird on the planet. There are more of them than there are of us." Hope they aren't planning a secret revolution....

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:[​IMG]

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I loved how Mike thought chickens wouldn't be hard to catch... and that he had no idea they could fly!!!

8. theFox

theFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    Standish, Maine
    Quote:Sorry too late they are always plotting and by the process known as chicken math will eventually win.

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    yup-Ive watched it twice-DH thought it was funny pegging me on every bird "whats that?" what's That?" haha

10. huntercf

huntercf Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    I watched it last night, I didn't even know that they had special departments just for catching 'feral' chickens. Did you see the response when Mike Rowe asked about the feral cat with kittens? They said they don't do cats. Sorry I had to do some math: 5 workers a day at say $200/worker/day is $1000/day and they average 100 chickens a day. Miami pays $10/chicken to catch them, is it really that big of a problem?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by