Disappointed and MAD

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by herfrds, Jul 3, 2010.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    To make a long story short.
    Had a falling out with a long time friend over his trampy GF making moves on my husband.

It caused quite a few problems in our marriage.
    We finally came to an agreement, if DH goes over to this persons house the GF must not be there and if she shows up he promised to leave. I just don't trust her.

Well got a picture from a friend today who was at an event and there stood DH, former friend and his GF.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel like he has let me down and broken his promise to me.
    Well this event took place over 2 hours ago and he is still not home. Takes an hour to get home from where he is at. [​IMG]

I'm going to my room and cry now.[​IMG]

2. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    I would say nothing right away; talk about the event and let him do the talking and see if he brings it up. ask if she was there and see what he says. it could be if it was a public deal that she just showed up and he felt he could not just leave... or maybe she was going to leave soon so he did not. give him the benefit of the doubt before you lay the picture on him.
    I don't know if this has any bearing on your situation with him, but.... in my opinion , when a woman tells her man "I don't want you hanging around her. I don't trust her. It doesn't look good. I don't know what her intentions are" etc, what the man HEARS is this: 'she doesn't trust ME to handle the situatiion and be trustworthy if this woman makes a pass at me. SHE DOESN'T TRUST ME!!!!'
    However, in your case, it is known that the girl DID make a pass at your hubby and it appears that he did break his promise which was an important one to you.
    I'm sorry for your pain and please let us know what happened.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If the person who sent you the pic took it specifically to send it to you, that was not very nice and a big fat load of unnecessary potstirring.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I agree with TerriLacy. And I want to add that telling your husband what he can and cannot do is a bad move. If he is not inclined to cheat, it will seriously hurt him, and if he is, it won't make a difference. By and large, the green eyed monster is more of a threat to a relationship than anyone outside it can ever be.

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I assume he's home by now... what was the outcome?

6. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Quote:I agree with Sonoran!

Further more I don't visit with any unattached females or attached for that matter. Some folks just love to start rumors and like SS said "stir the pot".

7. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota

Further more I don't visit with any unattached females or attached for that matter. Some folks just love to start rumors and like SS said "stir the pot".

Just curious...if a female friend asked you to deliver something to her place that she could not get by herself....
    would you tell her No, considering the few minutes you might be at her place to drop it off?

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    The female isn't the problem. The problem is your husband. It is very easy to focus on her, but she wouldn't be able to cause trouble with your relationship if he didn't let it. He either likes the attention, doesn't care about disrespecting you, or is cheating on you with her (or all of the above). If aliens abducted her tomorrow, your husband's personality wouldn't miraculously change. He would just wait for some other girl to come along.

As for the person who sent the picture, they passed on something that was a truth. A snippet of reality. I do not advocate hiding reality. Having the OP be ignorant is not going to help her make smart decisions about her future.

9. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009

Just curious...if a female friend asked you to deliver something to her place that she could not get by herself....
    would you tell her No, considering the few minutes you might be at her place to drop it off?

Yes! I would help if called upon.

But I would not enter the home without her husband or my wife knowing I was there.

I said "visit"

10. Me & My Peeps

Me & My Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Western MA
    Quote:I agree.......unless there has been a "reason" in the past, to be concerned and lay down ground rules - I would interpret it the same way. That my wife does not think I am capable of not putting myself in a bad situation and I would certainly let her know that I felt that way. Obviously, you have some concerns or maybe even a valid reason (other than you think she's pretty) to feel this way. But I also wouldn't be so quick to label your husband as a "dog in heat" either. You would be surprised at the amount of opportunity's men have - to be unfaithful. They just dont act on them because it's just not worth it. Why give up XX years of marriage for a few quick minutes of unauthorized "contact"?

Questioning a mans integrity and his commitment to you, is a slippery slope. Again, unless there has been a history of a need to be concerned.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by