Disappointed ,inc has been running since August ,now no eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kingbee, Jan 7, 2010.

1. kingbee

kingbee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2008
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    I bought a sportsman in August to hatch some quail,have been hatching about 80 to 100 a week. But as things happen it has gotten colder and the light shorter and my breeders have stopped laying.Sooo I hatched a few chickens for my dad but now have nothing at all to hatch.
    So my $700.00 incubator sits empty and cold,just waiting for the day I can put more eggs in it.

If anyone has any eggs they just do not want anymore (fertile) I will take them . I prefer quail but will take anything to curb this withdraw symptoms.
    It's bad....I walk over to it and stare at it's empty rakes,no warmth,no humidity, no beeping to tell me it has turned the eggs another time.Poor little incubator ,all alone and cold....lol

2. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Awwwwww, mine will be empty tomorrow. [​IMG] I move my last set to the hatcher tomorrow and wanted to try to give the 'bator a break for a few weeks. Just till the beginning of Feb when I'll have more indoor brooder room.

3. quailbrain

quailbrain Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Oregon
    Hatching is SOOOO addicting! I feel your pain. Can't wait to get some silkie eggs, some valley quail, some , some , some............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by