Disappointed with a quick fix! updated... OOOps!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by flock-mama, Jun 25, 2008.

1. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    Ok after finding my lost hen sitting on eggs, waiting and watching 2 1/2 weeks the eggs hatched, now 12 days old I am seeing out of 8 chicks, I have 6 Roosters!!!! Not what I wanted! SO my quick fix was, I ran to the feed store and got 20 more!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG] Now that's TRUE dedication!!! [​IMG]

3. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

4. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Superb! I'm totally using that trick!

5. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    I like your idea of a quick fix. [​IMG] . That's what I've been doing for so long is just getting a quick fix. Now I have more than 70 chickens [​IMG]

6. flock-mama

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    My husband will be here shortly for his lunch break! We will see how this goes over. [​IMG]
    Whats done is done, Its not like I can return them!! LOL!

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Asking forgiveness instead of permission, eh?

I'm going to have to do that myself when DH gets home tomorrow... [​IMG]

8. flock-mama

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    Ok, he is ok with it but his problem is, I have them in the house in the garden tub off our bedroom. That is where I raised 4 other batches of chicks over the years. I love to hear them cheap, anyway I promised they would only stay 1 week in the house and then I will move them to the nursery in the coop. lol. I am hoping my hen and 8 chicks will be ready to join the others. She stands by the gate as if wanting to take the chicks in the yard.
    I didn't expect too big of an issue with my husband, He knew I was crazy when we met 18 yrs ago! [​IMG]

9. flock-mama

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    My DH never hears me say this, but I could be wrong about 6 out of my 8 chicks being a rooster! I noticed today they have a double comb growing in. One of the possible Fathers has a buttercup (I guess thats what its called) looking comb. When I first saw thick combs at 2 weeks old I just thought "Boys", I am thinking these could be girls with a buttercup comb!!!! I guess time will tell. And I can't return the new 20!!! lol!
    Please, Anyone feel free to use this excuse to get more chicks!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by