Disassembling Ecoglow?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AriLovesChickens, Dec 11, 2011.

1. AriLovesChickens

AriLovesChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    N Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    I'm sitting here with my instructions about taking the end caps off the Ecoglow 20 (to change the height), and I'm not getting anywhere. I'm afraid I'm going to break the plastic apart. I'll probably have to call Brinsea tomorrow, but I just thought I'd see if anyone has any tips.

2. BetsyB0101

BetsyB0101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2011
    Southwest Missouri
    I am in the same boat. Went to try to take mine apart to make taller, and like you, scared to death I am going to break it. I have the directions and I don't think it is going to work without breaking it. They should come up with a better design! I love my eco-glow and the chicks are happier but it is frustrating! I hope someone on here has some good advice for us![​IMG]

3. AriLovesChickens

AriLovesChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    N Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    I did it! I thought I needed to apply some leverage to the parts that fit together, but you don't really do that. If you have the picture, look at it again. You want to gently press down like it shows (with the tip of the screwdriver pushing up in the "roof" of that space - i.e. against the top, not the parts that are tightly together) and push the endcap with your hand in the direction it shows - at the same time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by