Disaster on day 18 of my chicken hatch.

HappyOldSoul

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2016
House full of boys. They went in the back room where my little incubator was on the bottom shelf and rough housing knocked bator and all seven eggs on to the tile floor
1f61f.png
1f629.png
1f622.png
. I tried to wax 3 but the others were crushed. That was a few hours ago. Now it's 2 am here and one of the chicks hatched 3 days early! VERY LOUDLY I might add. He seems okay, but his feathers are all coming off. And he can't walk. Just squats. Yolk sac wasnt still there but his belly is really fat so I put him in a little pudding cup, which he liked. Any advice would be appreciated. When he's awake, we all are loudest peep ever, such a fighting little soul
263a.png
. I hope he is not in pain.

Than you! Yes he is warm. He is doing a great deal better. His belly went down and I raided the Chrismas box, looking for a stuffed animal. His feathers were very dry and flying all over the place. Was able to get him to drink drips of water off my finger and that seemed to make all the difference. He is sleeping on his misfit lion. The other eggs con't in the incubator, we will see..

THANKS YOU! A second egg has a pip! Keeping fingers crosed. This IS miraculous so crushed I wasn't able to fix entirely without damaging more.

1st chick has one foot curled toes. So read up and made a little shoe. Hope it works. He seems okay other wise. Eating and drinking. Do you by any chance know know what breed he is?

Thank you! Im just winging it here as this is only my second hatch. Only had 2 hatch our of 5 from my last hatch.

But, we have 2 chicks from our broken eggs! Thank goodness it wasn't just 1.

I checked the 3rd and it's gone. I got the eggs from a local farm. They had all kinds of chickens and egg color. I told him i just wanted egg layers and he gave me 7 brown eggs, and I was so excited I did not ask what they were called. *bonks head, note to self ask what kind chicken laid those eggs,
1f60f.png

The second chick is blackish silvery and has white tip wings, no stripes like the first chick, white chin black mottled legs and a funny tuffed head with a siver-white streak in the middle. Looks Cockrel with a single comb. The minute I put him in the brooder my screamer calmed down for good, phew!! Here is chick #2

Back
Top Bottom