1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discounted turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Mt. Baker Quail, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Mt. Baker Quail

Mt. Baker Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Ferndale, Washington
    There is a 30% discount at Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys if you buy before the end of the month. I paid $75 for 15 poults.

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Mt. Baker Quail :

There is a 30% discount at Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys if you buy before the end of the month. I paid $75 for 15 poults.

Wow [​IMG]

3. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I would guess that you got the assorted? I ordered specific varieties and it came to $105. Still was a $45 discount, but I almost made up for that by paying $34.95 shipping. I went with the express shipping because there were several DOA in my last order (in 2009). Kevin and I discussed the issue and decided that due to distance, it would be better if I go with the express.

Unfortunately, the ones lost in transit or within a few hours of arrival were Regal Reds and Bourbon Reds, the White Hollands did very well. I ended up with 2 White Holland toms and 5 hens, 1 Regal Red tom, and 2 Bourbon Red toms. They are really wonderful birds, some of the calmest I have ever had. While I didn't raise them to be pets and they won't eat out of my hand, they are not agressive at all and don't fly in a panic when I go in there after dark with a flashlight. I appreciated that fact when I spent several nights in there with a flashlight in one hand and a pellet gun in the other to get rid of a rat problem...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by