Discounted turkeys

Mt. Baker Quail :

There is a 30% discount at Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys if you buy before the end of the month. I paid $75 for 15 poults.

Wow
thumbsup.gif

I would guess that you got the assorted? I ordered specific varieties and it came to $105. Still was a $45 discount, but I almost made up for that by paying $34.95 shipping. I went with the express shipping because there were several DOA in my last order (in 2009). Kevin and I discussed the issue and decided that due to distance, it would be better if I go with the express.

Unfortunately, the ones lost in transit or within a few hours of arrival were Regal Reds and Bourbon Reds, the White Hollands did very well. I ended up with 2 White Holland toms and 5 hens, 1 Regal Red tom, and 2 Bourbon Red toms. They are really wonderful birds, some of the calmest I have ever had. While I didn't raise them to be pets and they won't eat out of my hand, they are not agressive at all and don't fly in a panic when I go in there after dark with a flashlight. I appreciated that fact when I spent several nights in there with a flashlight in one hand and a pellet gun in the other to get rid of a rat problem...

Back
Top Bottom