Dislocated Hip

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RachaelS, Jul 20, 2011.

1. RachaelS

RachaelS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Can a dislocated hip be popped back in?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. RachaelS

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Anyone? I called a local aviary and they said if the hip is dislocated then she is in a LOT of pain, the only way to fix is surgery and the chicken most likely make it. What are your thoughts? Is she in pain? I can’t tell, I am new to chickens, she acts like she is very distressed but I am not sure if it is because she is trying to move around. I have her in a dog kennel away from the others. The guy from the aviary also said she will be in more pain the bigger she gets.

3. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    I am sorry to see you have gotten no replies. I have no experience with this and did some research hoping to find something useful, but came up empty. I hope someone comes along soon with some good advice for you. Best of luck to you with this!

4. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say yes it can be popped back in, but working as a MRI/CT/X-ray tech for 20+ yrs I've only seen it done with humans. However, bones are bones & joints are joints, do you have a friend that is an x-ray tech that could sneak you in where they work and do an x-ray for you?

5. RachaelS

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Yep I tried looking on-line and did not find much. Thank you for looking also. Nope I don't know anyone that can do an x-ray [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by