peacock

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 18, 2011
Belgium
My Coop
My Coop
Hello,

last night my indigo female couldn't stand up any more, her one legg isn't broken, at least there is no swelling and no fracture you can feel, i guess it is dislocated at the hip, i have had ducks that had the same problem, but it healed from it's own, i hope this will be the same with my beatifull indigo hen, would hate to loose her. Do any of you have experience with this kind of problem. I have separated her into a small pen on wire so she isn't stressed or pecked at by the others,

any info will do, i am not really leaning to immediately trying to pop it back in, because i am scared i would do even more damage,

Thanks already,

Greetz,

Peacock

She is approximately 9 months old, i was thinking, maybe it is stress related, i have had a wood duck in the past with the same problem wich started walking again after two weeks and after a month you could see anything anymore,

greetz,

Peacock

Seriously? Extreme bird health care. How long does the bird have to be in this sling?
I have no idea, it's just a picture that I found. If I had to guess, I guess that that bird had Merek's and didn't live much longer.

Last edited:
I should add that I'm all for trying everything possible, but it does really come down to the quality of life for the pet in question, right?

Hello;

great news, i put her in a separate pen and went for three weeks on holiday to New Zealand, when i arrived back yesterday morning and checked up on her she was almost completely healed, she's walking again and will recover completely; i'm glad i didn't try to play vet, resting always seems to be the best remedy!! I'm really happy,

Peacock

clap.gif
Glad to hear it

Back
Top Bottom