Disney Rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, Dec 24, 2011.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Why is acceptable for Disney to always german, germany in a negative way. All their european(mostly german) characters are mean, evil , stupid, arrogant.....
    Suit life of Zack and Cost: The evil german hotel inspector Ilsa, a lady in the bowling alley( lloks like some man-woman with "typical german hair, accent...)
    Phineas and Ferb: Doofenshmirtz ( german, because they mentioned in the show that he has a germany accent)
    Shake it up : THe Hessenpeffer twins: fake german accent always potrait negative
    They also once had a commercial with a dog that was barking (it was mentioned that it "must be some kind of german" or they use the mean german nanny....

in general germans are always potrait al Lederhosen or Dirndl wearing, Bratwurst eating dumbA$#%#54 . I am really tired of this. Why cant we be shown in a more positive way.
    THe new thing with them is using indian people in shows . Most of those shows have indian kids in them, they are always shown nice, good kids. Why is Disney racist towards german people?

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Don't know, but I do love Shake it up. [​IMG]

3. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Huh... I never noticed before, but you're right.
    I think that (and please... Don't be offended. I love German accents for many reasons, and this is only one of them) it's because German accents are so easy to make sound sinister.

4. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Quote:x2. They also portray Dads as bumbling and dumb. [​IMG]

5. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    But nobody ever asked your kids if their mother is related to Doofenshmirtz grrrr

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Well, I would just laugh and say "Yes, yes I am." and freak the little kiddies out... but that's just me. [​IMG] sorry about all the annoyance, though!

7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:Ugh, I'm sorry. That must be frustrating. I so wish I had a German accent, though. They're so cool. [​IMG]

8. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I still have my accent, prob. never get rid of it, after all it has been ten years that i live in the US. But atleast its not as bad as Wolfgang Pucks accent. And yes, i do own a Dirndl, but i need to loose about twenty pounds to fit in it.

9. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    It's pretty common for foreigners to be portrayed in a negative light in many movies/shows by many different companies. If movies serve me correctly, Russians are definitely, definitely evil. X)

10. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Its not just disney. Any film industry. Mainly because of post WW2 propaganda. Also they portray russians like that as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by