Display fever~ peacocks doing their thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang... photos

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
Just had to share.. they were quite busy trying to get the girls attention.. my other girl.. my white peahen with the swollen eye.. wasnt interested and wasnt having any of it.. and moved over to lay down in the corner..

but the others were quite busy!!! whoooooooooooohey
may2011035.jpg

I was sitting down in their pen area.. holding a hotdog bun out to them.. this is what they kept doing right in front of me, me being their didnt stop them one bit..
may2011034.jpg

may2011024.jpg

may2011023.jpg

Then the together syncronized.. shake your booty dance..
may2011020.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! So beautiful, I love the peid peacock, he is so beautiful I want him when is the best time for me to come get him??? Just kidding.
How many peahens do you have? 3 right?

C&Rman :

WOW! So beautiful, I love the peid peacock, he is so beautiful I want him when is the best time for me to come get him??? Just kidding.
How many peahens do you have? 3 right?

Thanks..

No I have 2 peacocks and 2 peahens..
Xoxo​

that is beautiful, thank you for sharing the photos, cuz I have never seen something like that. Question from a person that knows nuttin' bout peacocks, why does the 'non=pied peacock' not have the big plumes with the traditional looking 'eyes' in the feathers? is he just a young bird? He is gorgeous and I love his plummage.

twister- Yes that is a yearling peacock. When he is two he will look about like this:
67904_img_4621.jpg

Some two year olds are more mature looking and have full trains though, my two year old only has one eye feather but when he sheds his two year old train he will start growing the feathers everyone is familiar with which is that of a three year old or older peacock.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom