Disposable Aluminum Baking / Roasting Pans..A Massive Hit

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GiddyMoon, May 6, 2011.

1. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    I saw someone mention that they put one of those disposable aluminum type bread pans in the brooder for the chicks..so I saw a pack at a garage sale today and brought them home..sure enough..all I hear is peck, peck peck...they climb all over it, walk around it and peck the heck out of it...cheap entertainment and so far no problems with them pecking each other! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    I don't know if it was my post you read, but I did that, too. Mine still love theirs, climbing on it and pecking it at it all the time. I need to put a roost in there for them because they are always pushing each other off of the bread pan! [​IMG]

3. GiddyMoon

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    It could have been! We moved out of state and left most of our extras behind..I knew I would come across some soon so I didn't have to buy them new..I basically got them free with my other stuff..all I hear is PECK PECK PECK! LOLOL I added a picture taken with my phone lol

4. GiddyMoon

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    They have been continuously pecking for hours..thank you for the idea..this is hilarious to watch LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by