Disposable kids

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pdsavage, Oct 28, 2008.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
  2. mksenoj

mksenoj Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    UpState, New York
    This is very sad

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

It is sad, terrible in fact, but...you expected that but...atleast the parents aren't just leaving them beside a bridge or in a apartment with drug dealers, roaches and the pimp wants to own them.

Granted I'm being extreme, but I also blame society. I do not have children, but I helped raise my brothers kids to keep them out of the system, and costs and needs are beyond the parents means. Needing lap top, calculator, pencils, pens, papers and projects galore. When working a 40 hour a week job, as you know its not easy and a lot of people out there live hand to mouth.

So, with the temptation of bettering the child's life, placing them in foster care will ensure they receive the testing, medication and supplies programs that these kids need.

Going for assistance is scorned, then on top of that, you may make $1 over the cut off point and you are now the working poor with no help at all.

I'm not saying its right, but I cannot judge these people and I don't think the rest of us should either. I hope that the parents that have realized this, returned for their kids or atleast have explained it all to the kids- just because you can have kids, it doesn't mean that have those skills needed to tend to them.

4. Chickenfortress

Chickenfortress Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I live in Ne and have had to witness a near constant stream of these. One man dumped all 9 of his children. I thought that was horrible, until another woman dumped just one of hers. How would that feel, knowing that out of all the kids in the family, you were the one tossed aside? I have a bit of a personal take on the whole thing since my mom decided to abandon me and my little brother and sister when I was 5. She ran off to be a "showgirl" in Las Vegas. I still have memories of that day, especially the terror, and it's been 38 years. She's tried over the years to smooth it over, but it can't be fixed. These people that are doing this to their kids will have a lifetime of regret.

edited for typo

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:When we went to apply for WIC and food stamps, we made $50.00 too much over per month faimly of three allotment by our state and its pitiful and we had to make do by going to food pantries to get canned goods and pastas. Rarely fresh meats. Some meats they provided were not the greatest because many of them are expired and frozen and boy, the smell they give off from them.

Yep we are one of the working poor but at least we are all full of love. Thank God I only have ONE daughter instead of many....it would cripple us for sure and at least we are doing something responsible for my family, by sterilizing so we dont have any more. Our age has alot ot do with it too.

Its a sad state that their mom had to do it but I am certain she had a reason to do so.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Very sad. Nebraska is going to change the law that allows that - and then what will happen to these children?

7. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Birth control pills should be available in vending machines.

8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

There are cases where the child will not allow his/her parent to parent them. What's the parent supposed to do? If one of my two had EVER told me that they would do as they pleased and I could take a flying leap, I'd've probably dropped them off somewhere too.

9. Ladyhawke1

Ladyhawke1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:When we went to apply for WIC and food stamps, we made $50.00 too much over per month faimly of three allotment by our state and its pitiful and we had to make do by going to food pantries to get canned goods and pastas. Rarely fresh meats. Some meats they provided were not the greatest because many of them are expired and frozen and boy, the smell they give off from them.

Yep we are one of the working poor but at least we are all full of love. Thank God I only have ONE daughter instead of many....it would cripple us for sure and at least we are doing something responsible for my family, by sterilizing so we dont have any more. Our age has alot ot do with it too.

Its a sad state that their mom had to do it but I am certain she had a reason to do so.

When we all learn to stand together as a whole, we can confront our government as a united people. We can then demand that as a people our human rights are to be enforced. Our right to address our Government for grievances is set for in our Constitution. Our Human Rights are set for in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

We just need to remind our Government.
    “People should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of its people.” - movie – “V” for Vendetta

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln

When we all learn to stand together as a whole, we can confront our government as a united people. We can then demand that as a people our human rights are to be enforced. Our right to address our Government for grievances is set for in our Constitution. Our Human Rights are set for in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

We just need to remind our Government.
    “People should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of its people.” - movie – “V” for Vendetta

To a limit what our government CAN do! Its filled with so much restrictions and I often wonder about these Article would be so effective. There are people that really needs it more than I do but heck, we are the richest country and yet, we can not help our own people.

They should offer sterilization for those people that are "pregnant happy" instead of birth control......they are not that effective 100 percent. Ok for those who are planning to have kids in future tho.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by