Disreputable Ebay seller....

Cara

Songster
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
NM
I bought some eggs from an Ebay seller (who will remain anonymous) last month. They had a couple of negative feedback comments, but I put that down to buyers who were not aware of the risks of hatching shipped eggs.

I can't say I was in awe of the packaging job, but the eggs were intact. After a week I candled them. 0 were developing. I contacted the seller, just to give them a heads-up. Their response was to give them another week, as brown eggs are hard to candle. I humoured them. They are due to hatch tomorrow. Every one is as clear as the day it was laid, and all but one has a lose air cell.

Out of curiosity, I contacted everyone else who had bought this breed from this seller. I've yet to hear back from one of them. Out of 91 eggs shipped, we have a grand total of one chick and one embryo.

The seller denies that there is a problem, as they have hatched out well at home. Funnily enough, they've told more than one of us that nobody else has reported a problem, even though it's there to see in their feedback
tongue.png
Maybe they are fertile at their end, but if they apparently cannot survive shipping in a viable state, they truly have no business selling them unless the matter is addressed. And yes, they are still offering them for sale
roll.png

They're the only seller that has that breed, but i'll PM you.

How about a discrete hint on who the seller is?
wink.png
I've always felt that the Ebay feedback system was too limiting for egg sales and that a fair and objective place to post about an egg buyers Ebay experience was needed. Is there an unwritten rule about not talking openly about it?

Wow you mean that even people like me who don't have a rooster can earn money selling hatching eggs?! That's brilliant!

Just kidding.
Sorry you're out the money and time on empty eggs.

LOL the thought did cross my mind until I heard that someone hatched one!
ep.gif
That is one expensive chick!

I filed a Paypal claim, not something i'd usually do with eggs, but this is ridiculous.

Was it chick eggs or quail???
I just did bid on some buff rock hatching eggs tonite. The guy has 100% feedback though.
You really need to leave these people some lousy feedback
rant.gif
. Maybe contact ebay too, could be a scam
ep.gif

Unfortunately I got bitten in the ass by the feedback system. I left them good feedback once the eggs arrived intact, as did most of the other buyers I contacted. Once you've left good feedback, you can't open a dispute against a seller. You can open a Paypal dispute though.

They are chicken eggs, I threw them all out today.

Cara,

I was looking at eggs today on Ebay, I swear I saw an ad that actually stated that their negative feedback was a mistake, and that their eggs are in fact fertile. Is this them?

I am sorry to hear about the bad eggs (people and chicken.)

Back
Top Bottom