District 4 Call duck meet!!!! Forsyth fowl fanciers show!!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by briarpatchfarms, Nov 28, 2009.

1. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Just wanted to post my results from this show!!

Junior Show

White Cochin Cockerel- 1st, BB, Champion Featherleg, Champion Bantam, Champion of show!!!
    White Cochin Hen- 1st, RV
    White Cochin Pullet- 1st
    Blue Mottled Cochin Cockerel- 1st, BV
    Blue Mottled Cochin Pullet- 1st, RV

Open Show

Call ducks- around a 130 shown
    Butterscotch young hen- 1st, BV, RB, Res. Bantam Duck, Res. Waterfowl!! I have done my research and I own the first Butterscotch to ever get anything higher then BV at a Call Duck meet or at ABA meet!!!!
    Butterscotch Drake- 1st, RV
    White Young Drake- 1st, RV
    White young pullet- 1st
    White Hen- 1st
    Pastel Young Drake- 1st, BV
    Blue Fawn Young Drake- 1st, BV
    Buff Young Hen- 2nd, RV
    Gray young hen- 2nd

Silkies- around 40 shown
    Splashed Hen- 1st, RB
    Buff Hen- 1st
    Black Pullet- 1st, BV
    White Pullet- 3rd

Seramas -class of 5
    Troubadour took 1st and BB
    Pumpkin Hen took 1st

I also come home with a few more birds then I expected!! I bought 7 Black Cochins from Judy Gantt!!!

2. tplummer

tplummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Okay, quit bragging. LOL! Just kidding, you have really nice birds. Anyone reading this, this young man knows his stuff. I cannot wait to get some of his baby calls this spring.

Cheyennes show results were as follows:

Bearded Splash Silkie Roo--BV 1
    Bearded Blue Silkie Hen--BV 1
    Bearded Splash Silkie Hen--RV 1
    Grey Call Drake--4th place
    Grey Call Hen--3rd place
    Snowy Call Drake--BV 1
    Snowy Call Pullett--RV 1

Not bad for her second time showing. Cannot wait to get the trophies that Tyler got. It may not happen, but it sure is fun trying to get there.

Congratulations to Tyler, Cheyenne, Cody, Ezra and all others who participated in the show.

Tonya

3. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Congratulations to both of you! [​IMG] I bet those cochins are pretty things from Judy.

Just a side note on your BB for the Seramas. In another discussion, it was mentioned that a non-recognized breed such as a Serama cannot be awarded a BB. But here again, it proves my point that Seramas are continually awarded this title when shown ABA/APA shows. [​IMG]

4. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Quote:Congrads on your alls wins looks like you have a great start in everything you have! Hope you get to come up this way for a few shows one day! Had lots of fun!

5. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Grubb Waterfowl has taken RB several times with butterscotch...I am pretty sure Lou Horton has too...

I would have liked to have attended the NC show, but the call duck nationals was on the same date in Iowa...so we decided to go where all the other call duck breeders were for thanksgiving weekend...Iowa. I think there were over 660 calls there...87 butterscotch in the open class...

6. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    I loved all the ducks at the show. this one was my fav.
    [​IMG]

7. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Mrs. Turbo :

Grubb Waterfowl has taken RB several times with butterscotch...I am pretty sure Lou Horton has too...

I would have liked to have attended the NC show, but the call duck nationals was on the same date in Iowa...so we decided to go where all the other call duck breeders were for thanksgiving weekend...Iowa. I think there were over 660 calls there...87 butterscotch in the open class...

Oh really I did a quick look couldnt find anything but how was nationals??? Heard about your big wins...congrats!! do you know any of the other results of the show? You all going to Connersville?​

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  8. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I think we are done for the season....we did about 4 too many shows this year...we are tired.

I think the results...and remember I am going from memory here..

Best Call Duck was Wapsiwaterfowl
    RB.....Charlie Hodum
    BV whites Charlie
    RV whites Charlie
    BV grays Wapsi
    RV pastels Kim Munden
    BV butterscotch ..was us...foleyswaterfowl
    RV butter was Wapsi
    BV buffs was us
    RV buffs was us
    BV snowys was Jeff and Belinda McPherson

thats about all I can remember...wait I think Tate Linton got BB in Jrs. with a gray

We got lucky in the butters and won with a 5 month old cockerel, I think I got 1-5 in pullets, and 1, 2, 3 in cockerels...having 8 breeding pens of butters really paid off this year with good ducklings..

9. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Mrs. Turbo :

I think we are done for the season....we did about 4 too many shows this year...we are tired.

I think the results...and remember I am going from memory here..

Best Call Duck was Wapsiwaterfowl
    RB.....Charlie Hodum
    BV whites Charlie
    RV whites Charlie
    BV grays Wapsi
    RV pastels Kim Munden
    BV butterscotch ..was us...foleyswaterfowl
    RV butter was Wapsi
    BV buffs was us
    RV buffs was us
    BV snowys was Jeff and Belinda McPherson

thats about all I can remember...wait I think Tate Linton got BB in Jrs. with a gray

We got lucky in the butters and won with a 5 month old cockerel, I think I got 1-5 in pullets, and 1, 2, 3 in cockerels...having 8 breeding pens of butters really paid off this year with good ducklings..

Sounds like you all had a good weekend then! We was going to Connersville then that will be the last for a while just found out today we was going!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by