District attorney's office called

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by remuda1, Nov 7, 2011.

1. remuda1

remuda1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Granbury, Texas
    Me today. I had previously posted regarding an employee that we discovered was embezzling money from our business. Long story short, the guy is a real louse but my husband thought he was a "friend".

We live in a fairly small town. The ADA called me today to let me know that he had interviewed the parasite and he admitted to everything. I am just thankful that we live where we do and that the DAs office has acted so quickly and taken it as seriously as my husband and I have. They had called my husband first and I was so proud of him because the ADA told him that the guy had basically confessed and would like to pay us back, but he wouldn't have any money until February (are you kidding me???) anyway, hubby said thanks but no thanks, we want to file criminal charges. YOU go Honey!! The way we feel is that the money is gone..... We want him to pay for what he did, but not necessarily in money. We also want him to live the rest of his life as a convicted felon. Perhaps the next employer will think twice or at least take more care than we did.

Anyway, this was a pleasant surprise today and I just wanted to share.

2. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so glad to hear that this guy will answer for his behavior! [​IMG] to you and your DH.

3. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    glad to hear that you are making him pay for his crime vs letting him off since he was a so called friend...Good for you and your DH.

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    When you catch someone doing something like that, there are no winners. Just do the best you can and go forward. I don't argue with your decision at all.

5. newchickgal

newchickgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    Seems to me that you made the right decision.

6. remuda1

Jun 12, 2011
    Granbury, Texas
    Thankyou all for the support. I had to go in to the DAs office to pick up some documents today and they let me know that they will be arresting him before Friday. I have a little research to do for them and some documentation to submit then they will present the case to the grand jury. They have his recorded statement, but just want some supporting documentation as to dollar amounts.

I think it's just as ridgerunner said..... No winners, you just go forward and do the best you can. Perhaps a bit more wisely.

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] awesome!

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:I can't imagine the decisions you and your DH had to make and what you have had to deal with. I'm curious if he gave a "reason" for his actions?

10. remuda1

Jun 12, 2011
    Granbury, Texas
    Hi Muggs,

It's funny you should ask.... I know his reasons don't make any difference but I was curious as well. The ADA told me he had two reasons.... The first is the obvious one "I needed the money" the second one was telling.... He said that after the second or third time, it just got too easy. I told the ADA that yes, he had gotten VERY comfortable and that was our fault because we made it very easy for him. He also tried to say that my husband was aware of what he was doing and that these were "side deals". That didn't wash with the ADA and he got him to admit to the embezzlement.

I don't think he has a clue what the penalties are for this and I think that he thinks he can "fix" it and walk away..... I would imagine his surprise will be as great as ours was when we discovered what he had been doing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by