Divider tray different then what your photos show in the Brisnea mini

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wannabchick, Dec 1, 2010.

1. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Do I place the the tray with the oval cut outs and the actual divider up... or place the side with the actual dividers down... sorry all.. LOL/ eggs are in incubator.. see the tray turning but the eggs still sitting in the same position.. or just ever so slightly moving.. every so slightly

I looked at your photos and post on the Brisnea Mini advance.. but not seeing that have what I have.. with the tray.. the tray has two sides, one with the holes and no divider lines, and the other side with the holes and divider lines..
    all that I see here.. is just flat trays on your photos and I read.. shiny side up..
    THEIR IS NO SHINY SIDE ON EITHER SIDE..

Help.. eggs are in.. and not sure if I am doing this correctly...

I have it set on 45 minutes / 15 incline

What am I doing wrong.. yep watched it again.. and the eggs all spun on it.. but none rolled over or anything

Thank you all..

2. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I am really hoping someone can help me out here.. if I go all night with out them turning.. will it be bad..

bumpity bumping the post up

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You have the small round one that holds 9 eggs? All "Turning" really is is rocking them very slowly back and forth in order to keep the chicks from sticking to the inside of the egg.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  4. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:It hold 7 eggs.. turning means they only rock.. it doesnt mean they roll all the way over???? sorry
    guess I dont get the turning over eggs then..

It wont hurt for me to open the bator and hand roll them over... ??? each time I open the bator.. my goish.. its like.. the temp drops 10 degrees and takes.. a good 20 minutes to go back up to the correct temp???????????????

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:It hold 7 eggs.. turning means they only rock.. it doesnt mean they roll all the way over???? sorry
    guess I dont get the turning over eggs then..

It wont hurt for me to open the bator and hand roll them over... ??? each time I open the bator.. my goish.. its like.. the temp drops 10 degrees and takes.. a good 20 minutes to go back up to the correct temp???????????????

If you have the turner and it is rocking them back and forth, it is doing it's job. Go pick up an egg out of your fridge. Stand it in front of you and rock it towards you then away from you. That is what the turner is doing.

They do not roll all the way over. If you ask me, the term "turning" is misleading. It took me getting the Brinsea Octogon 20 with a turner to fully understand it.

6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

The dividers are on top.

The smoother side goes down. This is because if the dividers are underneath the egg won't roll properly- it won't make as much contact.

I recommend putting a penciled mark on one side of the eggs. They you will see them move or not.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  7. ICanSpeakChicken

ICanSpeakChicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I dont have this model but I have an idea. You need to set the turning rotation to 180 so that it turns them half way around, if its currently at 15 that is only a small movement and not enough rotation. As chickensaresweet said mark the eggs with a x on one side and a 0 on the other so you can see if they have turned. Hope this helps.

8. ICanSpeakChicken

Nov 8, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yep, just looked at the manufacturers website and Im guessing you setting the rotation to 15 is the problem.

Change it to 180 and all should be well.

Good luck!

9. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    thanks everyone.. I keep opening the lid.. and hand rolling them over.. hehehe.. I hope thats alright.. I guess it is cause everyone doesnt have auto turners

and You mean.. take the number 15 and move it all the way up to 180???????????????????????? woooooooooo.. LOL

Okay I flipped the tray part over and yes... it seems to be moving them more now... whoot whoot whooot..
    xoxxo

10. ICanSpeakChicken

Nov 8, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, move it to 180 and next time it turns check to see that its turning them half way around. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by