Diving In Head First!

veronicainla

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 6, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hi All!

I've been lurking around here without a screen name for the last few years, and researching for around the same amount of time, so when one of my Instagram friends suddenly needed to re-home their birds last month, I took the plunge and dove right in!

We currently have a 12x5x6' run and coop space in the back corner of our yard, which I am thinking about extending another 12-15' to give the girls a little more run space. I've also decided after getting the girls settled int their new home that there are just way too many birds in the current space as well, so if anyone in or around LA/SoCal is contemplating an extra pair of young Silver Laced Wyandottes, I may be posting them up in the sale/re-homing forum soon, as they are the smallest in my bunch and tend to get picked on a little.

Our flock currently is made up of:
1 Black Australorp
2 Easter Eggers or Arucana (not sure)
1 Ameraucana
2 SL Wyandottes

And six birds = A LOT of eggs, even for three people eating them!

(I should mention that we free range the girls whenever we can, but it's not something I can comfortably do while I'm at work at this point, so unless my roommate is home and wants to let them out, they live in their pen. Our neighborhood just has too many wild cats, not to mention hawks, coyotes, skunks, opossums...)

Can't wait to learn more- I love these ladies already. :)

-V

Last edited:
Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Beautiful flock you have there!!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Back
Top Bottom