DIY cabinet incubator builders - looking for suggestions on autoturner construction

LadyHawkeAvry

Songster
Jan 25, 2015
Carlisle, NY
I'm building yet another incubator, and I am going to be doing my first cabinet setup. As I accumulate supplies, I've been noticing that there are a bazillion different ways people have set up their autoturning units. I'd love to know what has worked well for everyone, and what hasn't. I'm looking at putting in 3 - 4 trays, to do chickens, ducks, quail, and geese. Obviously the goose eggs are going to put a lot of torque on the turner if I do any sort of volume, and I'm thinking that the standard incubator turner motors may not be up to the challenge in this case! On the other side of the coin, most good electric motors run way too quickly to be useful as an autoturn motor, and I have no experience in modifying motors of that type.

So, fellow builders, what has worked best for you? I'd love to hear stories, see pictures, and just generally have some fun learning about how everyone designed and implemented their setups!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom