DIY coop thread!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lovechicks1293, Aug 20, 2016.

1. lovechicks1293

lovechicks1293 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to the DIY coop thread! Where we can post pictures, designs and more about our chicken coops! I am getting chicks this spring and me and my twin sister are in charge of the design while also helping build it with our dad (and mom if she wants to[​IMG]). It should be an interesting fall/winter project to build with our whole family!

RULES
    ~No mean or hurtful content
    ~All of the original BYC rules apply
    ~Have FUN!

I hope on building a compact style coop like the one you see before your very eyes.....
    [​IMG]

Okay have fun posting and planning!!!

2. Dmontgomery

Dmontgomery Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Longville, La
    I'm going to give a reply just so I can follow along on the progress. Good luck!

3. lovechicks1293

okay thanks[​IMG]

4. lovechicks1293

just so y'all know, i did not build this coop. i only hope to construct one like it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  5. lovechicks1293

later i will post my architectural plans for my ( i mean...our family's....) coop.

6. Flock In Texas

Flock In Texas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2016
    Texas
    How many chickens are you getting?

Build bigger for future growth. In building my first tractor. I'm starting with 4 chickens and the dimensions are 4x8 with the run beneath. Once I establish more grazing room, I'll get more chickens. Try to plan ahead for what you want to do to save future steps.

7. lovechicks1293

We are getting a chick for each one of us (4) but I'm thinking we have to get six even though mom doesn't want that many, the store rules... Me myself, I'm hoping to get 2 EE's, my little sis wants an australorp, my little bro wants a barred rock and my twin is still deciding on what she is getting. Sounds like a good plan for a tractor coop!

8. Darchangel Farm

Darchangel Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2016
    North Central Kentucky
    That's really a cute chicken coop. [​IMG]

[​IMG]I've attached these photos of our new chicken coop we built in June. This houses16 pens for our young fancy chicks.[​IMG]

9. lovechicks1293

that looks really nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by