Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

haha, yeah its a LONG road. What do you like? I can help you :)
I love larger dogs (besides the bull terrier and Chinese crested) and want something more on the lazy side than active. I'm not an active person and the idea of constantly going on runs to spend dog energy is not pleasing honestly. I'd rather a dog be quieter normally and bark when there's something to bark about and not just yapping all the time. Also LOVE textures in coats, like the curls, the long fringes, coarse coats, wooly coats.

I don't do the whole dog is only for farm protection or intruder defense thing, so preferably one that's more likely to be friendly towards people when trained right.

Might sound kinda picky, I wouldn't really know. All our dogs besides a rottie have been mixed shelter dogs, res. Dogs and one that honestly might have been part coyote

I love larger dogs (besides the bull terrier and Chinese crested) and want something more on the lazy side than active. I'm not an active person and the idea of constantly going on runs to spend dog energy is not pleasing honestly. I'd rather a dog be quieter normally and bark when there's something to bark about and not just yapping all the time. Also LOVE textures in coats, like the curls, the long fringes, coarse coats, wooly coats.

I don't do the whole dog is only for farm protection or intruder defense thing, so preferably one that's more likely to be friendly towards people when trained right.

Might sound kinda picky, I wouldn't really know. All our dogs besides a rottie have been mixed shelter dogs, res. Dogs and one that honestly might have been part coyote

I am so picky about dogs, too.

Any Sighthound is laid back, but not to be let off leash. They are not easy to train, they are also really quiet. There are Greyhounds, Slougis, Afghans, Borzois,Etc that you could look into. Most people think they are super high energy, but they are couch potatoes at heart.

Cavalier king charles spaniels need some exersise, a game of fetch in the living room will suit you. They are very friendly, and will happily trot behind you as you work on farm chores. They are small, though.

Clumber spaniels! On the medium side, they are orginally bird dogs, but they are very laid back. Very friendly dogs, too

Setters - You will need to get these dogs moderate exersise, in your backyard with a ball, walks (you don't need to run with them) and maybe a sport will suit them well. They all have different temperments, so look into what might suit you best, but they are all very sweet dogs.

A poodle might also suit you well, most people do well with keeping them happy with a game of ball or tug of war

Rough Collies are very calm, cool, and collected. They are aloof with strangers, but not unfriendly. They need some exersise, but not a ton

you might want to look into bearded collies if they interest you, I dont know much about temperment

same for bernese mountain dog

and a Bouvier

Clumber spaniels! On the medium side, they are orginally bird dogs, but they are very laid back. Very friendly dogs, too
Oh they're kinda cute.

Any Sighthound is laid back, but not to be let off leash. They are not easy to train, they are also really quiet. There are Greyhounds, Slougis, Afghans, Borzois,Etc that you could look into. Most people think they are super high energy, but they are couch potatoes at heart.
So if they have a yard and stay on a leash outside they should be okay Energywise? I love couch potatoes dogs.

Back
Top Bottom