Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
Okay, thanks so like a Afghan and a bull terrier isn't guaranteed to be disaster waiting to happen if worked with right?

They are very different types of dogs. Bull Terriers are rough and tumble and can be dog aggressive. The Afghans I have known have all been good natured, silly goofballs. It might work out, could be a disaster too. :idunno

Are Dachshund good ratters?
Are there any breeds of spitz which are ratters?
I tried looking up good dogs for ratting but I don’t really trust the Internet, my mother and I don’t like Jack Russells but we do love Dachshund and they appeared on some list so I was wondering if they where any good for ratting, I also love most spitz breeds we have some sort of spitz mix who loves hunting rats and mice but she is not very good at it. I am open to any suggestions of ratter breeds as long as they aren’t Jack Russells.

And I was thinking about making a thread for guessing what breeds my dog could be a mix of for fun, anyone think I should do it?
We have what we think is a rat terrier/dachshund mix and she definitely chases rodents. She's killed her fair share of squirrels. Problem is, her prey drive also extends to birds...she is NOT chicken safe without constant supervision and reminders, and she is a well-trained, wanting-to-please type dog. And forget about chicks/young pullets. Small and squeeky or chirpy and she MUST KILL IT. Hope that helps? Just my experience.

So what I'm learning is almost every dog I like aesthetically is not suited to my lifestyle 😆😅😂
Sounds way too familiar.

I want one that looks like a wolf and acts like a Labrador Retriever (the couch-potato house pet that loves everyone but can be trained to love them gently.) I know I'll have to compromise somewhere--probably by getting a Labrador Retriever when I am ready to have a dog again.

Back
Top Bottom